article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

From their website: “We invest via a Shared Earnings Agreement , a new investment model developed transparently with the community, and designed to align us with founders who want to run a profitable business and never be forced to raise follow-on financing or sell their business.” Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: VCs, Angels, Incubators, Accelerators - What Are You Doing With Your Rejects?

ReadWriteStart

To give you some further context, we recently spoke with a VC in Boise, Idaho, who gets 500 deals a year. If you look at the numbers of super angels in Silicon Valley, they are even scarier. His firm invests in four. That means that less than 1% of the entrepreneurs who apply succeed in getting financed.

Incubator 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rural Broadband Necessary for Rural Innovation

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

It’s nice to see that people are recognizing that innovation isn’t always in Silicon Valley. I ask any rural American voter this question: Who’s working to get you, your family, and your community the broadband access you’re going to need in the future? Case , you may recall, was co-founder of AOL.

article thumbnail

How to Fine-tune Your Small Business Finances—from Funding to Growth [Webinar Recap]

Up and Running

The most obvious place that businesses and or accountants turn to for their small business clients is generally banks, big banks, community banks, you name it. When you go into a community bank on average fifty percent of applicants are declined. They are a part of your community. You have to invest in your company to grow.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

He worked at an education startup here in Silicon Valley. Tomas Pueyo : Yeah, I started figuring out it was going to happen around the middle of February, and I was waiting for the cases to really start appearing in Silicon Valley. You have a day job here in Silicon Valley at an education technology company.