article thumbnail

Economic Development Teams Need Innovation Training

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

I have to say I’m a bit awestruck at how much time and energy was wasted by so many cities and regions around the country, only to have Amazon do the obvious thing and go with the world capitals for corporate HQ’s — New York and Washington. Find new and creative partnerships within the community?

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

We also wanted to avoid any potential brand confusion with words such as New York City, Metro, Gotham, etc. Additionally, not limiting ourselves to a New York-linked name allowed us the eventual freedom to produce in other cities without having to qualify ourselves. ‘Streets’ is symbolic for this community.

Naming 144
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Loading… New York. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Deutschland.

article thumbnail

Remote Work, Not Taxes, Threatens Cities: Why That Threat has Peaked but Others Remain

This is going to be BIG.

If everything you know and love about New York City is shut down and you can work remotely, why stay? Thanks to the pace of vaccinations, New York City is opening up again. That’s why some oppose increasing taxes on the wealthiest New Yorkers—citing price elasticity theories. Forget about just not increasing taxes.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

44:25) Parallels between the pandemic and previous crises, and Carl's thoughts on some of the new norms that will arise. (45:28) I was the division president for the northeast division on 9/11, and all the stores in New York and New Jersey and, obviously, all the east coast stores for Circuit City were mine.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.

article thumbnail

Zoomsites

OnlyOnce

So we started planning a 2-day offsite together in New York. Unfortunately, it turned out visitors to NY from Colorado and Indiana, the two states we were traveling from, needed to quarantine for 10 days when they got to NY. But it has also been a big success with enough community elements to make it worthwhile. .

Indiana 71