article thumbnail

Kansas City here we come

David Cohen

The Demo Day for the inaugural class of the Sprint Mobile Health Accelerator powered by Techstars is Thursday, June 12 at 5:30pm CST in Kansas City. There’s a great deal of excitement about these ten mobile health companies in the Sprint Accelerator which Techstars is powering. We hope to see you there! Startups'

article thumbnail

Sprint and Techstars Launch Startup Accelerator for Mobile Health

Feld Thoughts

Techstars has launched another “powered by” accelerator, this time with Sprint around mobile health. It’s based in Kansas City (Sprint’s headquarters) and is our fourth powered by Techstars accelerator, joining Nike , Kaplan , and R/GA. Kansas City has a special place in my heart.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Foundry Group Detroit House

Feld Thoughts

In an effort to buy real estate in burgeoning startup communities around the United States while more deeply engaging in the startup community, my partners and I have bought a house in the Cass Corridor neighborhood in Detroit. Since I stay in my guest bedroom at the Kansas City house when I’m there, I’m a fan of this.

Detroit 70
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. It’s the one tangible object – besides a mobile phone, that most people carry around and are familiar with.

Naming 99
article thumbnail

Open For Business: Everything You Need To Know About Brick And Mortar Marketing

YoungUpstarts

If your community allows flyers to be placed around town, use them. Use Mobile Marketing. Mobile marketing cannot be ignored. Fortunately, setting up a mobile site isn’t that difficult if you hire a web designer or programmer. Your mobile site should reflect the needs of your target market. ??So,

article thumbnail

Austin Abdicates Innovation

Austin Startup

The City of Austin lags behind every single major metro in the state when it comes to granting applications for small cell site permits. Small cells are briefcase-sized technology that attach to light poles or buildings to boost mobile broadband connectivity.) Cities all across the country?—?like Austin has two.

Austin 92
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. Six years in business later, we continue to grow.