article thumbnail

Women 2.0 Partners Google, Extends Founder Friday Events

YoungUpstarts

” “The engine for job creation and technology leadership begins and ends with investment in the entrepreneurial community,” adds Shaherose Charania, CEO and co-founder, Women 2.0. “Female founders are a driving force for the creation and usage of technologies that generate jobs. To date, Women 2.0

article thumbnail

My Personal Formula for Getting a Seat at the Table

Austin Startup

And a worksheet to help you start your own plan Terri Broussard Williams serving as a panelist during a political forum at Louisiana State University This was a week I’ll never forget, even though it was a whirlwind. They want the opportunity to lead their communities, sectors and quite frankly, the world. And why shouldn’t they?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Fire And Igniting Change

Duct Tape Marketing

No matter the juncture, no matter my role, I've always been a person that provided data to either a person or community so that they could create change. That would be harmful to the work that we do and to our communities. So the way that I did that work has been the same, no matter the task. John Jantsch (06:16): All right.

article thumbnail

A New Idea for Black Friday

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

The harder news, like the protests at Walmart in Ontario, Louisiana, got a lot less air time. The Walmart job can’t be the supplementary job in a community that doesn’t have a major manufacturer making something of real value. I guess it is the story of the day, but how much can you make of it, what is there to say?

Louisiana 101
article thumbnail

I Hate Networking

Austin Startup

Years back, I was part of a leadership program in Lafayette, Louisiana and an alumna wrote me a note of congratulations for being selected to the program. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness that ever since I’ve written a note to every incoming cohort of leadership programs I’ve been part of.

article thumbnail

My Journey as a Diverse Member of a Junior League

Austin Startup

“It’s rare that I see people like me- that’s to say, black men and women- in leadership positions, and when I do, it’s exhilarating. When I moved to Lafayette, Louisiana in 2004, I was inspired by a large delegation of young African-American leaders. I joined JLL in 2004. I mean, she probably couldn’t tell from my voice.”

Austin 54
article thumbnail

111 Great Last Minute Gift Ideas For Clients

Mike Michalowicz

100% of your contribution goes directly to purchasing bed nets, distributing them, and educating communities on how to use them. The design shows various MotherTongues words from around the world, together with sayings describing community building and mindful living. This South Louisiana coffee house has them all. It’s simple.

Las Vegas 138