article thumbnail

Creating the Next Silicon Valley – The Chilean Experiment

Steve Blank

Chile has decided that it wants to be an innovation hub in South America. I suggested that Chile’s mining industry could contribute to building innovation leadership by funding a multi-tiered initiative in the country’s leading universities: Professional management training (obvious and immediate payback). See below.).

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #95 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! Global Web Design Trends: South America – [link]. Here are some of the links that I’ve liked and shared this past week! The video above shows actor Jim Meskimen.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Importance of The Narrative

Both Sides of the Table

I went to undergrad at UCSD, which is not a place known for its Greek institutions and my father grew up in South America and had know idea what a fraternity was. By sophomore year I got the inspiration to hold leadership positions in the fraternity. I started off by running some lower-level roles like community service.

article thumbnail

Of Course #BlackLivesMatter — How Could Anything be LESS Controversial?

Both Sides of the Table

How can we as a community not speak up? You can stand with the police while wanting to be sure their leadership feel accountable for the actions of the rank-and-file. The community started calling cop cars, “Black and Normals.” My father is from South America and I take great offense to Trump vilifying Latinos.

America 150
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

He grew up in Colombia, South America. But just give people a taste, and then what I would challenge the community here to do is, these different things that you’re not an expert on or you’re not good at, go back and read what Mark has written about it. That leadership trait is just not innate in everybody.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Why I Invested in Gogii (textPlus) – My First Ever Later Stage Deal

Both Sides of the Table

He not only has experience in dealing with the carriers where at JAMDAT he established all the carrier relationships but he also led the international expansion of JAMDAT in Europe, Asia & South America giving them a footprint in 40 countries. My entire partnership took their leadership team to dinner. I can do that.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

Our business model is based on our desire to help more people create sustainable wealth and in so doing, develop healthy habits and great examples of leadership that could easily be transferred to the next generation. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Emma Gordon, USSalvageYards ! #18- Photo Credit: Eric Elggren.

Naming 108