article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Are Incorporating Social Entrepreneurship in Their Business

Hearpreneur

Our passion for helping our clients extends from our firm to the community as a whole. A big part of our community involvement is educating the public about their rights following a work-related injury. We provide the returners resources, upskilling, community and a job pool, all in one place. 11- Connecting with our community.

article thumbnail

What Your Nonprofit Board Should Know About Pay Equity  

Board Effect

White men and women tend to have more opportunities for education and better prospects for leadership positions than Black men and women. . For example, “The NAMI Tennessee executive director will receive pay that is comparable on average with other NAMI state affiliates.” . Racial Equity in Nonprofit Compensation .

Equity 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Organizations: How They Work and What They Do

Board Effect

Nonprofit organizations exist in most communities and governments, businesses, and citizens support them in various ways for the overall benefit of the communities they serve. From a leadership standpoint, the board of directors must hold meetings at least annually. How Do Nonprofits Work?

article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Industry events give your leadership and board members opportunities to share resources and network, as well as learn about best practices, industry trends and innovations. Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Share Their Tips and Tricks for Staying Motivated

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Charles Chandler, My Tennessee Home Solution LLC ! #20- Sure, there are ups and downs but I return to Me Why to inspire creativity in the founders and leadership teams coach. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. This keeps me motivated. Mindset is a big part of what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.

article thumbnail

How to Start Your Own Gym

Up and Running

The low level of market concentration has made a variety of fitness niches accessible in local communities. Kaylee Cahoon, the creator and owner of SMARTCore Method in Franklin, Tennessee, says that starting a fitness enterprise must come from love and passion, or you won’t last very long in the industry.

article thumbnail

10 Cool Gaming Tools in MBA Education

YoungUpstarts

Each week in the Leadership Lab at Stanford, MBA students act out simulations of common issues that arise in the business environment. This game was created in response to evidence that IT-based knowledge communities and networks fail because they don’t address users’ emotional, psychological, and social needs.

Tennessee 178