article thumbnail

The Big Bang. The Lean LaunchPad explodes at University of Maryland

Steve Blank

The University of Maryland is now integrating the Lean LaunchPad ® into standard innovation and entrepreneurship courses across all 12 colleges within the University. We didn’t know it at the time, but with that investment we had paid for front-row VIP seats to witness the origins of Customer Development and the Lean Startup.

Maryland 272
article thumbnail

“WHAT WAS ALL THIS VIDEO???” Five Questions with Magic & Loss Author Virginia Heffernan

Hunter Walker

Oh I was so intimidated to meet Virginia Heffernan for the first time. About its communities, content niches, the aesthetic of the first wave of user content. Virginia recently wrote Magic and Loss , an amazing and well-received book about the Internet as art. In a manner which was academically-informed but not stuffy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“WHAT WAS ALL THIS VIDEO???” Five Questions with Magic & Loss Author Virginia Heffernan

Hunter Walker

Oh I was so intimidated to meet Virginia Heffernan for the first time. About its communities, content niches, the aesthetic of the first wave of user content. Virginia recently wrote Magic and Loss , an amazing and well-received book about the Internet as art. In a manner which was academically-informed but not stuffy.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. West Virginia. West Virginia. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. Subscriber Content Read Preview.

article thumbnail

How To Build Trust With Potential Clients

YoungUpstarts

It allows one buddy to lean on another in war or commerce and combat, but, more importantly, it is sinew that binds communities together, enabling them to do together what they cannot do as individuals. It is also a critical prerequisite to selling consulting and professional services successfully.

Virginia 157
article thumbnail

Doubling Down On a Good Thing: The National Science Foundation’s I-Corps Lite

Steve Blank

National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps Node (a collaboration among the University of Maryland, Virginia Tech, George Washington, and Johns Hopkins). After seeing the results of 500+ teams through the I-Corps, the NSF now offers all teams who’ve received government funding to start a company an introduction to building a Lean Startup.

SBIR 120
article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.