article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. Coming up with our business name, Stellar Villa, was quite a process. This allowed us to knock a few more names off the list.

Naming 162
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

NAME Comcast. NAME Verizon Communications. NAME Yahoo. NAME Shikhar Ghosh. NAME Toby Stuart. NAME Daniel Dreymann. NAME Charles Holloway. NAME David Cowan. Domain Name/Basic Site. Journal Community. COMPANY AOL COMPANY|AOL. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT. SIGNIFICANCE PROMINENT.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Let me drop a few names and you will get the picture: Adyen, Booking.com (acquired by Priceline), Distimo, Mendix, Shapeways, Spilgames, Takeaway.com, TravelBird, WeTransfer and Qandidate. Bringing macro back down to micro – there are Dutch techies and executives ‘ kicking ass and taking names ‘ around the globe.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Fire And Igniting Change

Duct Tape Marketing

No matter the juncture, no matter my role, I've always been a person that provided data to either a person or community so that they could create change. That would be harmful to the work that we do and to our communities. Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast. powered by.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.

article thumbnail

10 Amazing Microfinance Success Stories

YoungUpstarts

Lopez and his family were living in a plastic tent in Barrio Nelson Mandela, Colombia, with $300 to his name. When The Baptist University of the Americas asked him to set up shop on campus, he financed the project with a $4,265 loan from ACCION Texas-Louisiana to secure supplies and part-time employees. Marcelino Lopez, Colombia.

Colombia 263
article thumbnail

What is an L3C?

Up and Running

The United Kingdom began using a similar structure in 2005, called a Community Interest Company. His organization, Americans for Community Development, provides detailed information about L3Cs, and you can find out more about the organization on their website. . In 2008 in the U.S., What is a PRI?

Vermont 106