article thumbnail

New Meetup on Building Tech Tools for Private Equity+VC Investors

David Teten

I’ve just launched a new Meetup and online community I’m heading up with David. I’ve also made significant engineering contributions to our two other platforms, Admin (back-end portal for our data team) and Access (LP dashboard). I also teach Front-End Web Development at General Assembly. I asked him to write a guest post: Hi!

article thumbnail

Bridging the gap between tech startups and the Fortune 500

David Teten

The most common ways in which the Fortune 500 are working with the startup community at scale is through corporate VC arms, contests, packages of benefits geared to startups, and accelerator programs. I worked with our intern team to look for the Fortune 500 companies making the strongest effort to reach out to the tech startup community.

Startup 114
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Thomson Reuters data shows that around $10 billion of LP money went into VCs per year pre bubble. By 2000 the total LP commitments had mushroomed to more than $100 billion. LP contributions to VC firms shrunk from 2000 and by 2005-2008 had stabilized to around $30 billion per year. The Funding Problem.

article thumbnail

Perot Jain steps up to support Dallas entrepreneurs

Austin Startup

Cindy Revol, Joe Beard and Anurag Jain from Perot Jain, LP We received a warm welcome from Trey Bowles when we first came to Dallas and there have been many others who have opened their arms to us since. We are glad that Capital Factory is in Dallas and thrilled to see that they are also community builders who grow through collaboration.”

Dallas 48
article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I just returned from 3 days in Cincinnati including attending the annual meeting of one of Upfront’s LPs – Cintrifuse. I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

The Landing Page Optimization Guide You Wish You Always Had

conversionxl.com

What follows is a list of resources that can be applied specifically to landing page optimization, found here on ConversionXL & from other great websites around the web. Do your product shots meet the standards your target market has from their web browsing experience? Notable Examples Of Images Effect On Web Viewing.