article thumbnail

6 Things to Consider Before Entering a Market

Up and Running

For example, the farm and ranch real estate market in Montana is composed of a few large firms and hundreds of mom and pop shops, so it is very fragmented. This can still be done in small business—every one of my businesses was self-funded. Never sell more than 50 percent unless you are preparing to exit the company.

Marketing 111
article thumbnail

Now Is The Time To Prepare Your Business For A Natural Disaster

YoungUpstarts

Simultaneously, people in Oregon, Montana and Idaho are dealing with forest fires brought on by the driest conditions these states have seen in decades. Once you do get through to them, you should have a long and honest conversation with them about what exactly your business does and does not do on a daily basis.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Real Story Of America Is About Small

VC Adventure

The loss of small businesses may be one answer. In research for our upcoming book, we found that small business owners often inhabit the shrinking middle ground of politics in their communities. Now, with his wife, Claire, he owns a guide company in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana. Trillion Of GDP.

America 92
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

From their website: “We invest via a Shared Earnings Agreement , a new investment model developed transparently with the community, and designed to align us with founders who want to run a profitable business and never be forced to raise follow-on financing or sell their business.” Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

2013’s Top 10 Small Towns For Mobile Entrepreneurs

Mike Michalowicz

With 32 parks and outdoor facilities throughout Clayton County, the Parks and Recreation Department is home to over 896 acres of parkland, three swimming pools, community centers, gymnasiums, playgrounds, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, multi-purpose trails, and a nature preserve. Bozeman, Montana.

Mobile 163
article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wondered what it would be like if the companies that purchased the coffee paid fair wages for the product and engaged in the developmental issues of importance in those communities. And being from Montana, I also wanted a belt that could transition to all of my active lifestyle endeavors. Thanks to Brent Kraus, Ella Bing ! #36

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Small Business. SMALL BUSINESS. more in Small Business. Harvard professor Noam Wasserman and WSJ small-business editor Vanessa OConnell took reader questions about avoiding start-up pitfalls on Sept. Small Business » Subscriber Content Read Preview. Loading… Careers.