article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Pivots They Are Making in Their Business in 2023

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Balaram Thapa, Nepal Hiking Team ! #12- 16- Focusing on the needs of the community. Making a proud community. Our company makes a point of keeping its management and operations inventive, obedient, and attentive to the needs of its clients to give our community the greatest experiences possible.

article thumbnail

My Water Pilgrimage:

Austin Startup

What spending 10 days in a remote village in Nepal has taught me about the role of technology in water sustainability and independence The Origin Story At an early age, my parents instilled in us a sense of empathy for the less fortunate and taught us to be mindful custodians of the world and its precious natural resources.

Nepal 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. Nine Killed in Nepal Avalanche An avalanche swept away climbers on a Himalayan peak in Nepal, leaving at least nine dead and six others missing, officials said. Journal Community. Journal Community. Mary Childs.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

When I founded VELDT, my mission was to set a different and positive ending to the story “The Veldt,” and solve the extensive problems caused by wrong use of internet and technology. Here in Nepal, we have 8 tallest peaks among the 14 in the world. Besides that, here in Nepal, we have numerous peaks which are above 6000m tall.

Naming 133
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

3- Need in the autism community. My reason for starting my business is that I saw a need in the autism community for specialized and personalized care. Thanks to Balaram Thapa, Nepal Hiking Team ! #7- I believe that with hard work and dedication, I can make a positive impact in our communities and the world at large.

article thumbnail

What Asia and Facebook’s Free Internet Project Have in Common?

Transformify

Nepal was in ruins and thousands were reported dead or missing. The donations have most probably been utilized and the tourists are reluctant to visit Nepal. Days before the earthquake in April 2015. Buildings that could hardly survive an earthquake and the kindest people I have ever met. Just five days later it was all history.

Asia 40
article thumbnail

6/16: What's Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption

David Teten

But what if these institutions, valuable as they are, are just a transition state on the way to truly new modes of communication and exchange, and even a new emphasis on values other than profit-and-loss? Technology is changing the way we do business; crowd sourcing and social networks have become a default security system.

Darfur 122