article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, the co-founder of Honest Dollar, an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits. Boulder, CO.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, co-founder of Honest Dollar , an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

William Hurley, co-founder of Honest Dollar , an Austin-based provider of retirement plans to small businesses, says creative talent is abundant : It’s got the music, the university scene, the hippies and the rule-breakers… It’s very easy to hire people who want to push the limits.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

From their website: “We invest via a Shared Earnings Agreement , a new investment model developed transparently with the community, and designed to align us with founders who want to run a profitable business and never be forced to raise follow-on financing or sell their business.” Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in in the African communities around me? A keen researcher, I looked up the best states to incorporate a company for startups— Nevada and Delaware were tops.

article thumbnail

8 Reasons To Incorporate Your New Company Early

Startup Professionals Musings

Define a business entity early to manage taxes and intellectual property. An LLC will work just fine for this, but if you know enough to anticipate more than 100 investors or special classes of stock, I recommend incorporating as a Delaware or Nevada C-Corp or S-Corp. Tax status can be assigned separately to match your preferences.

article thumbnail

[Interview] Felena Hanson, Owner of Hera Hub, Biggest Female Coworking Company

YoungUpstarts

In my prior business (doing marketing strategy consulting for small businesses) I was trading time for dollars. My current goal with Hera Hub is to support 20,000 women in the launch and growth of their business. Right now we are focusing our efforts on California, Arizona, Texas, and Nevada.

San Diego 203