article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

While we may think of a major hub like Silicon Valley as a prime example of an entrepreneurial city, the reality is that these epicenters of growth may not always offer the most supportive climate for new businesses. Community Development Resources Nebraska. So, where should you stick your flag in the ground?

St. Louis 105
article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Here’s an example permit for the city of Winston-Salem in North Carolina. Our business in located on Country Club Drive and down the street from a large country club community.”. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I originally provided pro-bono public relations services to artists and non-profits due to my love for the community and the arts. I wanted to make the community and the world aware of the talent, businesses and resources that thrive within my city. It also made me Silicon Valley’s longest serving CEO. .

article thumbnail

Getting out of the building…by staying in the building!

Steve Blank

In order to get the healthcare community to collaborate with each other to bring new ideas to market they will need some help to catalyze the “co” part of co-working. One of the noticeable things about the San Diego health tech community is that it feels like a community. It has density,” he said. Others Are Doing this As Well.

San Diego 261
article thumbnail

Ecosystem + Incubator = Startup "Ecobator" NestGSV

ReadWriteStart

Like an accelerator or incubator program, NestGSV gives its resident startups office space, advice and lots of other amenities (even a beach volleyball court) at its Redwood City, California, campus near Silicon Valley. The best case for both parties is that they decide to join our community. Ecosystm + Incubator = Ecobator.

Incubator 116
article thumbnail

Ecosystem + Incubator = Startup "Ecobator" NestGSV

ReadWriteStart

Like an accelerator or incubator program, NestGSV gives its resident startups office space, advice and lots of other amenities (even a beach volleyball court) at its Redwood City, California, campus near Silicon Valley. The best case for both parties is that they decide to join our community. Ecosystm + Incubator = Ecobator.

Incubator 101
article thumbnail

Ecosystem + Incubator = Startup “Ecobator” NestGSV

ReadWriteStart