article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. In the middle of the Vietnam War, student riots protesting military research forced the end of classified work on most college campuses. This article previously appeared in War On The Rocks. There was a time when much of U.S.

article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

He is currently CEO of Bubbly , a social media startup backed by Sequoia Capital, SingTel Innov8, and JAFCO. As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, and Vietnam each have a couple of very good VC firms.

Asia 132
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Path of Our Lives

Steve Blank

At 19 I joined the Air Force during the Vietnam War. Yet when the Vietnam War wound down, we were both sent to bases in different parts of the U.S. Most take what they learned in school, get a job, marry, buy a house, have a family, become a great parent, serve their god, community and country, hang with friends and live a good life.

Thailand 334
article thumbnail

E Pluribus Unum – A Rallying Cry for National Service

Steve Blank

I had a great career as an entrepreneur, but always believed that at some point in your life you need to serve others – whether it’s God, country, community, or family. In 1973, near the end of the Vietnam War, the U.S. And I did so in my stints in the military and public service and as an educator. Disconnection.

article thumbnail

How Virtual Assistants Are Reshaping The Business Landscape

Duct Tape Marketing

No, I, you know, somebody actually kind of said that to me when I was speaking at an event and we were discussing social media and whether you have to be a personality in order to succeed Right. And so I got virtual assistance and I started out in India and then I was in Pakistan and in Sri Lanka and Vietnam and all over the place. (07:50):

article thumbnail

[Interview] Amanda Mills, Founder Of Amanda Mills Los Angeles

YoungUpstarts

Therefore, the AMLA vision is to create a desire for a consumer to be affiliated with our community and retail brands. For example, portraying self-expression using the AMLA brand on social media. How do you go about selecting the brands and organizations you feature on your website?

article thumbnail

I’m Sorry I Made a Mistake and I Need to Explain

Duct Tape Marketing

We lived in a farm community with lots of land and we would invite hundreds of people to come eat chicken and watermelon and play softball, basketball, soccer and horseshoes until we dropped. I lost my beloved brother in The Vietnam War. When I was growing up Memorial Day was also the biggest party of the year for my family.