article thumbnail

The Case for Optimism and Risk at Startups

Both Sides of the Table

The press around the raise & company was fantastic and the promise of their technology – wireless charging that works as easily as WiFi – would positively affect many of our lives. uBeam’s tech does work and I have safely seen it demo’d in the real life many times. And that is what we’ll do.”

article thumbnail

How To Take Back Control Of Technology

Duct Tape Marketing

How To Take Back Control Of Technology written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Gaia Bernstein In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast , I interview Gaia Bernstein. She writes, teaches, and lectures at the intersection of law, technology, health, and privacy. Like this show?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Taking stock of the Dutch tech cluster: What The Netherlands needs to win the European startup scene

The Next Web

Slowly but surely, however, we have a quietly emerging ‘ecosystem’ (as it is often called in tech lingo). So is the Dutch tech startup story sold short? But hedonistic pleasures aside, The Netherlands actually has a great foundation for tech entrepreneurship. Not in my view. A top-notch infrastructure.

article thumbnail

Governance

thebarefootvc

The Ethereum community is grappling with its own governance roadmap, with an active debate currently underway on how to resolve issues of lost funds due to hacks or vulnerabilities in smart contracts. Complete Newsletter linked here: The FPV Blockchain Weekly #11, February 19, 2018.

article thumbnail

The Power of Torso TV (Why Media is Racing to the Middle)

Both Sides of the Table

It had the effect of greatly reducing the industry size but also of allowing some less known artists to reach audiences that previously would be unthinkable due to cost constraints. But their core asset (other than great tech & management) has been exclusive windowing of premium content that people want to consume.

Media 302
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

It turned him instantly from an education technology expert--his day job is as VP of Growth at Course Hero--into a leading voice for how to move forward. So you learn to really look at the data and also in tech, you also know this, it's very, very hard to figure out the truth from the information you get, the signal from the noise.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

At every one of them I was the person who wrote the proposals, did the technical interviewed on candidates, went on sales calls with the Account Managers to make them look good and got put on troubled projects to help right the ship. So I started a gig economy job site, with a focus on transparency of pay estimates and user reviews.