article thumbnail

[Review] How Asian Women Lead

YoungUpstarts

Faria Ali – a questioning Muslim Bangladeshi academic whose formative years were spent in Thailand and Canada before settling down to teach, mentor and coach young women leaders back in her home country. Perceived to be communal and self-effacing , Asian women leaders prefer to influence rather than dominate.

article thumbnail

Global Perspective: Current Opportunities for Low-Cost Manufacturing in China

The Startup Magazine

More recently, US President Donald Trump’s trade war with China has led to apprehension that US-based companies will be moving their production from Chinese manufacturers to factories in other low-cost countries such as India, Thailand and Vietnam. Few other countries can match China in this – be it India, Thailand or Vietnam.

China 91
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

These Are The Most Exciting FinTechs To Emerge In Southeast Asia

YoungUpstarts

The countries are Singapore (490 FinTechs), Indonesia (262 FinTechs), Malaysia (196 FinTechs), Thailand (128 FinTechs), Philippines (115 FinTechs), and Vietnam (77 FinTechs). Since it was founded in 2014, it has launched 4 innovative and competitive products, with its flagship product being Liquid, a web application.

Asia 138
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

I set up my business to be distributed, so although my company is based out of Scottsdale, Arizona, I live in Thailand most of the time. It’s opened my life up to new possibilities, from an elephant sanctuary to a life partner – and, I still regularly travel outside Thailand. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I was doing freelance SEO consulting for e-commerce businesses and on my first trip to Thailand fell in love with the country and the culture. I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years.

article thumbnail

How to raise money for your startup from VCs and investors in Asia

The Next Web

As I touched on before, China and India have the most mature VC communities. Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, and Vietnam each have a couple of very good VC firms. The venture capital landscape in Asia is varied and complex, as most of the active firms on the continent are concentrated in just a few areas.

Asia 132
article thumbnail

The Secret History of Silicon Valley Part V: Happy 100th Birthday.

Steve Blank

These components were the heart of the electronic warfare equipment I have worked on; including fighters in Thailand and on B-52 bombers. The formation of the military/industrial/university relationships during the Cold War and the relationship between Stanford and the intelligence community in particular, went on untold and out of sight.