article thumbnail

Does Drupal Suffice For Your Enterprise Needs?

YoungUpstarts

W e will also discuss how Drupal supports the web system of enterprises and helps them boost their commerce, community, and content and how it fits seamlessly to deliver enterprise ready solutions. How Does Drupal Help Your Website? Drupal speeds up your development process because it is easy to extend, easy to build.

India 191
article thumbnail

5 Things to Compare When Choosing an eCommerce Platform

Up and Running

When you’re choosing your ecommerce platform, take a step back and assess your SEO needs, your own skills in web development, and how you see your store in the future. XML sitemap: This is a file located on your website that helps the search engines index your website’s content.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What The Rails Security Issue Means For Your Startup

www.kalzumeus.com

January has been a very bad month for Ruby on Rails developers, with two high-severity security bugs permitting remote code execution found in the framework and a separate-but-related compromise on rubygems.org, a community resource which virtually all Ruby on Rails developers sit downstream of. Many startups use Ruby on Rails.

Security 101
article thumbnail

Bridging the Gap: How Semantic Web can move into the mainstream through SXSW

Austin Startup

It was a simple and extremely powerful idea, and SMW now encompasses an active worldwide developer community. RDFa, Microdata and Microformats: Gateway Drugs to the Semantic Web. Semantic technologies are experiencing a “coming of age&# and are more accessible to web developers than ever before.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

page, can -- despite the occasional new release from Adobe -- be considered a dead language, with all that this entails (difficulty finding and retaining good developers, vendor lock-in, horrendous cost, poor support, porting nightmares, infrastructure constraints). XML sitemap. framework was built. VAT registered #867 0159 09.

article thumbnail

How to Hire for Sweat Equity…

www.drowningamerican.com

JS (for web/internet and mobile devices). Application programming Expertise: PHP, ColdFusion, AJAX, Web Services (RSS, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.). I started thinking of it because a buddy of mine got involved in creating a community bank. It is kind of interesting that you brought this bank up.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. In fact, the open source community can learn a lot from Microsoft in terms of backward compatibility and tools for productivity. same thing goes for the majority of the Java community).NET

Java 107