Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove Social Network Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. I don’t believe that search is the only answer in 2010 as it was in 2000. I think the best solution for the social networking era is “in-stream&# advertising. 10 million in Series B Menlo Ventures , Steamboat.

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Many observers of the venture capital industry have questioned whether its best days are behind it. Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1. Thank you, Aaron Sorkin!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

From Airbnb to TaskRabbit to Zimride, sharing is becoming big business

www.usatoday.com

Dubbed "collaborative consumption" β€” or "the sharing economy" β€” this movement represents the newly cemented intersection of online social networking, mobile technology, the minimalist movement and heightened penny-pinching brought on by lingering economic uncertainties. Thats real money." Only 3% were online when I started AOL.

article thumbnail

Startup Advice: When to Use a Consulting CTO

rapidrollout.wordpress.com

Though after the dotcom collapse of 2000-2001, there are many more than there were! If you’ve begun the process of raising capital, ask the angels or venture capital partners to recommend technologists who consult on a part-time basis. Why are consulting CTOs so scarce? Perhaps the more failures, the better?

article thumbnail

This Week in the NYC Innovation Community – January 18th

This is going to be BIG.

and FashInvest invite the online fashion community to present their startups to the audience and special feedback panel consisting of leading investors in the space. Tags: Venture Capital & Technology nextNY. A monthly gathering for friends of #140conf to get together and discuss issues of the day. RSVP: [link] 6:00PM Fashion 2.0:

article thumbnail

Top 20 U.S. Tech Conferences Every Startup And SMB Should Check Out

YoungUpstarts

This three day conference has become the β€œmust-attend” event for anyone who is active or new to the startup-community. GigaOM Structure aims tackle the challenge of understanding how to architect data centers, networks and applications along with the big questions emerging in computing and IT. GigaOM Structure. Computing is everywhere!

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Next Wednesday we’ll have Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners, a New York / LA early-stage venture capital fund. Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. Invidi is based in New York and founded in 2000.

Stealth 285