Remove Asia Remove Community Remove Demand Remove Green
article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Word That Could Represent Them and Their Business in 2021

Hearpreneur

This is because this year has seen the rise of tech startups not only from the traditional centers of innovation like the US, East Asia and Europe, but also in countries that you wouldn’t normally associate with it. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Victoria Mendoza, MediaPeanut ! #9- 9- Empowering. 26- Explosive.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being an Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Assisting my customers and patients, and providing employment opportunities in the community, motivates me every day to do better and better. I spent over 15 years in corporate America where I learned a lot but also spent many hours stressed during a family function or doctor's appointment because of the demands of the business.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work

David Teten

We wanted a conference room with a standing conference table (~$950 on up) and anti-fatigue mats , but so far we haven’t had the audience demand. We’re implementing an optional office-wide weekly lunch (BYOB–Bring Your Own Bag) that allows us to build community, as well as get exposure to different foods.

Product 166
article thumbnail

Should You Serve Fair Trade Coffee?

Up and Running

What about the farms, are they environmentally friendly, and are they using green and sustainable methods? ”-Kate Harrison Kate Harrison of Green Bride Guide notes that there are differences in the benefits offered from one type of coffee to the next, depending on variations such as region.

Green 115
article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Ning Communities. On-line Communities. on demand billing and fraud management. The Funded : TheFunded.com is an online community of entrepreneurs to research, rate, and review funding sources worldwide. Bethnal Green Ventures. green tech. Google Groups. Forms/Surveys. Google Forms. Survey Monkey. Google Ads.

article thumbnail

Y Combinator's First Batch: Where Are They Now?

thenextweb.com

He is perhaps best know as Executive Director of Demand Progress, an activism organization that was at the forefront of the fight against SOPA/PIPA. He is, indeed, demanding progress. In fact, Loopt was itself acquired earlier this year, by banking company Green Dot for $43.4 Follow us on Twitter. Follow us on Google+.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #16: Robert Schooley on why we weren't prepared, long-term thinking, and how to make decisions for the greater good.

Startup Lessons Learned

We have a large number of American citizens, American green card holders who have gotten sick in Mexico and are coming back to the US for care. And I was training in East Baltimore at the time and most of my patients were intercity members of the Baltimore community. We continue to see quite a few cases here in San Diego County.