Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Partner Remove South Africa
article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

I am thrilled to announce that we have added Hamet Watt as a Partner at Upfront Ventures. But as sweet as that success has been (we invested pre-revenue in a small team) today my even more important news was the further expansion of our partner ranks. We have been on a drive to add more operational partners. What does that mean?

Partner 340
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Using this capital , the founders launched and enjoyed exponential growth in their first year, with 10K users and thousands of listings. Photo Credit: Jack Underwood.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I’m Shelia Fitzgerald, owner and founder of EliteFitz, a destination inspired women’s boutique. We have an amazing co-parenting style that works for both of us, and we’re both happy. Thanks to Emily Reynolds, founder of R PR Firm ! #4 We’ve continued bootstrapping since then — today we are a $2.5

article thumbnail

23 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

from South Africa, and battling breast cancer, I became overwhelmingly humbled by the toughness, the tenacity of my experience. 11-Suggested by my partner’s husband. In the early 2000s, my co-publisher and I were writing a book on how to break into freelance writing by breaking the rules. Photo Credit: Olof Mathé.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

Carolyn Yarina , Co-Founder and CEO of Sisu Global Health. Right now, across parts of Sub-Saharan Africa, people are literally using a kitchen soup ladle and cheesecloth to salvage blood,” says Carolyn Yarina of Sisu Global Health , creator of Hemafuse. My favorite thing about Baltimore is the community and the support.

article thumbnail

At SXSW 2017; bots, films and a Vice President

Austin Startup

Walk With Me goes deep inside the Zen community highlighting the life and meditations of Thich Nhat Hanh in the pursuit for deeper connections with the world around us. Barbecue dives into the ritual practices performed across the world from South Africa to Sweden journeying to 12 countries to talk about the art of grilling meat.