article thumbnail

Upfront Ventures Adds Hamet Watt as New Investment Partner

Both Sides of the Table

I am thrilled to announce that we have added Hamet Watt as a Partner at Upfront Ventures. But as sweet as that success has been (we invested pre-revenue in a small team) today my even more important news was the further expansion of our partner ranks. We have been on a drive to add more operational partners. What does that mean?

Partner 340
article thumbnail

Embracing Your Entrepreneurial Superpower Being Unemployable

Duct Tape Marketing

She is the CEO & General Partner of the investment firm Street Global. 10:00] Back in South Africa you got shot, what did that story mean to your journey? [11:53] She is the CEO and general partner of the investment firm, street Global. Let's go back to South Africa. Does your superpower have a name? [10:00]

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

This included health insurance and making them domestic partners. BMW introduced subscription fees for their cars, creating revolutionary changes in the conservative automotive community. The Fat Sheep project in South Africa's barren Karoo landscape is my favorite turnaround story. Thanks to Matt Gillman, SMB Compass. #10-

article thumbnail

Best Practices for Nonprofit Civic Engagement

Board Effect

Nonprofits enhance civic engagement by encouraging community involvement, maintaining a sense of democracy, filling the gaps in governments services, and giving the community a voice. More than 100 festivals and touring artists partner with Headcount to help increase voter registrations. 9 Best Practices for Civic Engagement.

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: miiCard

crowdSPRING Blog

miiCard supports the UK, North America, Western Europe, India, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. miiCard will build the user base directly and through partnering vendors using multi-channel distribution strategy. It provides a safer, faster and more convenient way to transact online.

article thumbnail

8 of the Best Executive Assistant Conferences in 2018

YoungUpstarts

It’s a community to connect, collaborate, and share advice on how to overcome the wide spectrum of challenges you face in your role.). This holistic 17-hour workshop helps Executive Assistants sharpen every tool in the arsenal—ethics, organization, communication, event planning, and so much more. APC Executive Assistants Summit.

article thumbnail

Coach Helping People Deal With Traumatic Situations

Hearpreneur

She relocated our family to Cape Town South Africa to support the healing of the country after the end of the apartheid system. During this time, I have learned a lot, while also making a ton of mistakes, but I am incredibly proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish and the team of people I get to partner with.