article thumbnail

$200,000 For Colorado Startup Community Activities and Events

Feld Thoughts

I’m excited to announce the launch of the Colorado Startup Community Fund. This is a $200,000 fund for providing financing to support activities, events, and organizations in the Colorado startup community. The Startup Colorado Community Fund from Startup Colorado on Vimeo. 1,000 here, $2,500 there.

Colorado 172
article thumbnail

Book: The Rise of the Rest

Feld Thoughts

I was part of the one in Denver, and my partner Chris Moody was part of the one in Birmingham. This is the story of what happened on those bus tours, people who were connected, companies that were amplified, financings that happened, and cities that were energized around entrepreneurship. They were each awesome experiences.

Restful 144
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Spark Boulder Aims to Connect Students and the Startup Community

David Cohen

Boulder is an incredible community for startups, and we’re also fortunate to be the home of the University of Colorado. Despite all the great programs and student groups, Fletcher Richman , an engineering student at CU, was frustrated about the lack of connection between the startup community and the university.

Community 128
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. In it, he looked at Venture Capital financing (total dollars and number of deals) on a per-capital basis. Combine Boulder and Denver. Of course not.

article thumbnail

Finance Fridays: Getting Started – Allocating Equity and Founder’s Investment

Feld Thoughts

Finance Friday’s gets off the ground with today’s post by introducing you to an imaginary startup, the entrepreneurs that we’ll being following throughout the series, and their first challenges: splitting up the founders’ equity and addressing the case where one of the founders provides the initial seed capital for the business.

Equity 137
article thumbnail

CO Impact Days: Unicorns, Zebras, Ponies, and Donkeys

Feld Thoughts

If you are interested in impact investing, I encourage you to join the Impact Finance Center (IFC) and presenting funders The Anschutz Foundation, Zoma Foundation, The MacArthur Foundation , Colorado Health Foundation , and Gary Community Investments at CO Impact Days 2017 , Nov 15-17, in Denver, Colorado.

Colorado 123
article thumbnail

Startup Phenomenon, November 13th-15th in Boulder

Feld Thoughts

It gets to the heart of how startup communities are developed and I’d love to have you join me at it. That Boulder was number one was interesting, but what’s more exciting is that there are so many emergent startup communities around the United States that it’s now worth ranking them. Collins, Denver, and Colorado Springs.)

Colorado 136