article thumbnail

Where to Find High-Quality Drone Parts and Accessories

The Startup Magazine

Electronic speed controllers regulate power distribution from the flight battery to the motors, while the flight controller acts as the drone’s computerized brain coordinating inputs and stabilizing altitude. Motors directly impact maneuverability, lift capacity, and flight times based on wattage specifications.

article thumbnail

Mentoring the mentors: Advice and inspiration for startup mentors

siliconflorist.com

Covering the blossoming startup industry in Portland, Oregon, and the Silicon Forest. Related posts Cloudability’s day in the sun: Portland company lands $8.7 0) Just hack it: Nike launches Nike+ Accelerator powered by TechStars in Portland. Distributed Systems Software Engineer. Community Manager.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Journey Takes Melvin Brewing To Denver’s Heights and Beyond

The Startup Magazine

The brewery has experienced a high level of success in the regional market, with a wide distribution in Wyoming and a satellite brewpub in Bellingham, Washington. With the move to the 30-barrel facility, they were able to distribute their product on a larger scale and bottle it for remote distribution. Early Developments.

article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

And I’m anticipating doing a lot of this in the places our portfolio companies are scattered: the Bay Area, New York City, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Toronto, Portland, San Diego, Boston, Salt Lake City, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, and so on. There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together.

article thumbnail

How to Make Community the Secret To Success

Duct Tape Marketing

How to Make Community the Secret To Success written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. The word community has been with us for centuries. A town, a church, a school, a collection of hobbyists, have all long been identified as communities. A community, as described above, can serve a business in a number of ways.

article thumbnail

An Update on Indie.vc

Bryce Dot VC

In that same time we’ve hosted 4 meetups in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco and Portland. terms that were most important to us and to founders: cash distributions and contingent equity conversion. Distributions The heart of the indie.vc Payouts will be considered a distribution once the founders salaries have increased 150%.

article thumbnail

How I Started a Gluten-Free Cookie Company: With Josh Fegles of Jude’s Foods

Up and Running

” That’s what got me connected with Oregon State University’s Food Innovation Center and Portland Community College’s Small Business Development Center. It was the community college course I took. Now that you’ve got everything in place with manufacturing and distributing, how involved are you in the business?

Oregon 60