article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Data Warehousing, Database Administration, Game Development, Git, Google Maps API, HTML, HTML5, Internet Security, Javascript, jQuery / Prototype, Magento, Mobile App Testing. Egypt is highly dependent on oil production and the economy is very sensitive to the oil price fluctuations. What are the most common skills in each category?

Africa 75
article thumbnail

Soundbites from the future

Start Up Blog

Unlike previous generations young Australians are participating in community activity, many of which do not involve any economic incentives. We are more interested in a niche fringe community than a mass event. The internet is trying to mimic the real world. The internet is in every second pocket. The stadium era is over.

Moldova 91
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Here’s What’s Driving Collaborative Consumption and Where the Market May Head Next

Both Sides of the Table

As I outlined in my talk, I believe the greatest Internet companies created over the past 15 years have been “deflationary” meaning they are driving down the prices or goods & services. billion page views making it the largest communities of artists in the world. Think Tunia, Egypt, Syria and now Turkey.

Syria 361
article thumbnail

Why Entrepreneurs & VCs Should Focus on Basecamp, Not the Summit

Both Sides of the Table

Or maybe you’re trying to dramatically change the way TV is consumed, like Boxee or TV advertising works on the Internet, like Hulu. Hashtags were organically created by the Twitter community the way that RT (retweets) were and OH (over heard) was and #FF (follow Friday), etc. That includes me.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

I despised every minute of it, which is why I decided to establish an internet business. Instead of watching TV or trolling the internet I thought I'd try my hands at coding. I was so amazed at how the internet works. 13- Showcase different communities. 21- Bring unity back to communities. I didn't like it much.

article thumbnail

The 8 Greatest Strengths Of Generation Y

YoungUpstarts

We children of the 80s began life in the “me” generation, and we came of age in the “we” generation of the Internet. Although the baby boomers certainly made their voices heard by the politicians of their day, they fell far short in community activism. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Libya 169
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Israel Minister: No Change to Egypt Deal Israels foreign minister said Israel would not agree to re-evaluate its peace deal with Egypt. Meanwhile, an Egypt-based, al Qaeda-inspired group claimed responsibility for Fridays attack along the border. INTERNET BUSINESSES. General Internet. - Computer And Internet.