article thumbnail

Joint Statement by Colorado High-Tech Companies on COVID-19

Feld Thoughts

I’ve been involved with a number of leaders in the Colorado tech community since Wednesday morning as we’ve aggressively mobilized to address the Covid-19 crisis. local nonprofit organizations that are helping at-risk communities who will be severely impacted by this pandemic. In the United States, we have 2.8.

Colorado 168
article thumbnail

Five case studies you'll see at the Lean Startup Conference 2015

Startup Lessons Learned

The following is a guest post by Kirsten Cluthe and Ritika Puri from The Lean Startup Conference team Wondering what’s new in the Lean Startup community? Every year, our team conducts more than 500 customer development calls to understand what challenges the community is facing. Here are some of our favorites: 1.

Lean 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I had always wanted to do consulting but was waiting until my son went off to college. After being laid-off (again), I started a sales consulting business helping tech start-ups build, grow, and coach their sales teams. I was a new immigrant to the United States, a new mother and living in NYC trying to find my way.

article thumbnail

Startup America Partnership

Feld Thoughts

For an awesome description of Startup America, please read Aneesh Chopra’s (the United States CTO) post on TechCrunch titled Startup America: A Campaign To Celebrate, Inspire And Accelerate Entrepreneurship. By the way, I think it is awesomely cool that the CTO of the United States blogs on TechCrunch!

America 149
article thumbnail

Health Tech Entrepreneur Builds a Business Focusing on Improving The Lives of Tens of Thousands

Hearpreneur

Todd McGuire is the Chief Technology Officer and co-founder of startup incentaHEALTH and we had to the opportunity to hear from him about starting business, the future of the company and what entrepreneurship means to him. I am the co-founder and CTO of the digital health care company incentaHEALTH. Hi, I’m Todd.

article thumbnail

Presidential Innovation Fellows, round two

Startup Lessons Learned

Yes, there are Lean Startups even in the United States federal government. Each team of innovators is supported by a broader community of interested citizens throughout the country. I know this is an unpopular thing to say, since it sounds so patently absurd. ProjectMyUSA on Twitter. The objective of the RFP-EZ 2.0

article thumbnail

Scaling is Hard, Case Study: athenahealth

Seeing Both Sides

Although this is not typically how athenahealth is described, it is one way to describe what they are doing that mainstream members of the technology community might understand. I have found it pretty amazing that so few people in the tech community know their story or understand the scale and scope of what they have achieved.