article thumbnail

Indivisible: How A 23-Page Google Doc Gave Birth To A National Progressive Movement

Hunter Walker

Indivisible started as a viral Google Doc, which is just an amazing story. They are not “astroturf” or “paid protesters” — they are real constituents, leading real resistance efforts in their communities. For this I credit Indivisible , a new grassroots org which is really mobilizing local level progressives. This is not enough.

San Diego 131
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

For example, Santa Clara had a community-spread case early in March. If something like that happens, you want to close everything, because it's a community spread. So it's the first time in my life that I pushed this to all my networks as hard as I could, and I was also very aggressive on the viral mechanics that I plugged into it.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

In the time since our conversation, data and science have shown again and again that wearing masks is an incredibly effective, low-cost and simple way to prevent viral spread. Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. We should all wear them in public." I've discovered this.

article thumbnail

How to Run Effective Online Sweepstakes Campaigns

ConversionXL

Create a new community channel for customer interaction, provide updates, and generate news. Viral aspect of the campaign: The more sharing, the more points, and the greater the chances of winning in both the weekly and main prize (luxury all-inclusive weekend in Vihula Manor) draws. 3 options for making sweepstakes viral.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Curalate allows us to see how the content we pin to our boards is performing, as well as the content people are organically pinning from our sites, and more importantly how viral those actions are, since it’s reported that 80 percent of Pinterest activity comes from repins.” RSS Feeds. --> --> Bookmark FOLIOMag.com.

article thumbnail

Transcript And MP3 Of My $180,000 Website Flipping Presentation

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

It made this site very sticky and it grew organically through viral word-of-mouth as a result of doing that. To find that buyer, I pretty much contacted the people who were within my sphere of influence within the community of Magic – players, card store owners, people who traded cards. The new owner redesigned it. I love that.