article thumbnail

10 Entrepreneurs Share What Makes Their Business Unique

Hearpreneur

It is also how and why we are continuously innovating and co-creating with our community and our retail partners. This would not have been possible without taking to heart the mission of our company – to help teams implement Lean principles and optimize their projects, no matter their scope or level of difficulty.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. As a reminder, the first 200 people to show up will get one of the very first copies of the Lean Startup Book , a pre-publication printed galley. prettylittleceo Scaling Lean Thinking in a Fast-growing Startup Rob Fan.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons Learned 2011 streaming live

Startup Lessons Learned

We struggle with this issue every year, because we strongly encourage everyone who can to participate with their local entrepreneurship community. All I ask in return in that you pre-order the Lean Startup Book (on lean.st Strengthening ties between entrepreneurs is one of our most important values.

article thumbnail

A Conversation with 2020 Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang

View from Seed

I started Venture for America back in 2011 with the goal of creating thousands of American jobs in communities around the country. In many instances, whether that’s starting a business, or working on a business, or caring for a loved one, or volunteering in the community, or something artistic and creative. Nothing to see here”.

article thumbnail

How to Lose an Employee in 10 Days [with Video]

Up and Running

It’s the cost of your reputation, whether it be in the community or when you’re trying to recruit other people. You’re trying to run your business in a really lean way. I know you guys are very lean. I would add to it too having had some employees in Ireland and in the UK. How do you handle that?

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #21: Tomas Pueyo on the hammer and the dance, political polarization, and how the pandemic will affect the way we live and work

Startup Lessons Learned

And in fact, The Lean Startup is very much that. For example, Santa Clara had a community-spread case early in March. If something like that happens, you want to close everything, because it's a community spread. It's focused on how to learn as fast as possible with as little cost as possible. Eric Ries : That's right.