article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Steve Groom, Maryland Home Buyers in Baltimore ! #6- We have now grown into an overnight hit, as we had built up a huge community of black women with skin conditions years before even launching Topicals. It never occurred to me to start my own business that early into my career as a web developer.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Web Design/Tech Services. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards. Software. -

article thumbnail

Small Businesses Need To Look Into These Social Media Strategies

YoungUpstarts

You could do a whole series on community events that your brand is participating in, for example, or about efforts you’ve made to support the people in the cities that you’re actually operating in.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

&# Know who you are looking for : Sometimes people start off by saying “I need to find a Rails person&# – they’ve heard Ruby on Rails is a great framework for building web products, so they’ve pre-decided to use it. Baltimore’s startup community has plenty of room for new leaders. Catchy tune.

article thumbnail

6 Ways User Interface and User Experience Design Can Help Your Business

crowdSPRING Blog

You can create a web and app experience that is useful, pleasing, and impactful – but you have to understand how UX and UI can help you and optimize each to improve the experience for your customers and prospects. According to Time News , 55% of web users spend fewer than 15 seconds on a website. The bottom line?

Design 48
article thumbnail

270+ Tools for Running a Business Online

mashable.com

Google buzz Advertise Network Blippr iPhone App Mashable France MashDeck Twitter App Mobile Site Social Media Events Twitter Guide Book Facebook Guide Book Partners App Development WordPress Expert Rackspace Hosting MaxCDN Content Delivery Dynect Managed DNS ConVerdge Communities About Us Submit a Tip!