article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons Learned 2011 streaming live

Startup Lessons Learned

We struggle with this issue every year, because we strongly encourage everyone who can to participate with their local entrepreneurship community. Strengthening ties between entrepreneurs is one of our most important values. That said, there comes a point where that's not possible for everyone.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The 50 Top Startups at SXSW 2019

Austin Startup

Read interview Obsess , New York, NY Tunnelware , Cologne, Germany?—? Sustainable Tires for Electric Vehicles , London, England Migo , Seattle, WA Smart B/L , Ljubljana, Slovenia Alternates: Delfast, Dover, DE Kaizen Health , Chicago, IL Millebot, Inc. Read interview LinkVR Robot , Austin, TX?—?

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. The number of hosts has grown annually, and this year, we have 200+ groups joining us on Monday, December 3.

article thumbnail

The Power of a Deadline

Feld Thoughts

Next is the book Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your Community which shipped at the end of September. When I got back from “summer” – which was my return to New York from my bike trip to Slovenia – Amy and I had 15,000 words written for Startup Life.

Slovenia 157
article thumbnail

Resetting My Priorities

Feld Thoughts

It started with a bike crash in Slovenia, followed by a few weeks in New York where I physically felt awful. So – all of the stuff I’m doing around Startup Communities is extracurricular activity. If you’ve been following along at home, you know I’ve had a tough fall. And I did it to myself.