Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Silicon Valley Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

Are You Putting Your Rock Star Customers To Work?

YoungUpstarts

She might be a “promoter” of your firm in Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys, a member of several associations that interest you, and an avid social media networker, he explains. Some of the most creative technology coming out of Silicon Valley is designed to do exactly that.

Customer 154
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford – Making the World a Safer Place

Steve Blank

Introducing Hacking for Defense – Connecting Silicon Valley Innovation Culture and Mindset to the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. What do all these groups in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community (DOD/IC) have in common? Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, CIA, NSA. North Korea.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

But now, the defining movie of today’s twentysomethings is “The Social Network”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine.

article thumbnail

For an Entrepreneur, an MBA is not King

Startup Professionals Musings

McNealy's background is surprisingly all business, rather than computer science or programming, unlike most members of the Silicon Valley community. It’s now the second biggest social networking site (Facebook passed it recently) with about 125 million unique visitors per month. Consider it a waste of time.

article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels. The Founding Chapter is in Silicon Valley, California, (naturally). USA Angel Investment Network. and the founder of 500 Startups, Dave McClure.

article thumbnail

Blitzscaling: Silicon Valley’s Harmful Idea of Success

Austin Startup

For much of 2014 and 2015, I banged my head against a plane window flying back and forth between Austin and Silicon Valley while trying to raise institutional VC money for Localeur. Those were teachers, accountants, consultants, entrepreneurs, and community leaders. but it’s true. Those were friends and families.

article thumbnail

Why Hinterlands Startups Can’t Get Silicon Valley Funding

ReadWriteStart

Silicon Forest, Silicon Prairie, Silicon Beach, Silicon Hills, Silicon Sandbar. Startups anywhere outside the two major tech hubs of Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley have even more troublr attracting serious venture capital than they do finding a food truck with a decent bulgogi burrito.