Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

What I’ve honorably been able to do, however, is share the deck I used to pitch LinkedIn to Greylock for a Series B investment back in 2004. the consumer internet landscape in 2004 vs. today. In 2004, the consumer internet was just beginning to rebound. Friendster’s valuation set the tone for the entire social networking space.

article thumbnail

Never Mind the Valley: Here's Paris

ReadWriteStart

The JEI program was created in 2004 and is managed by the Ministry of Research. GameCreds : Impressive social universe for gamers. (E). Kontest : Ready-made solution for creating and managing a variety of interactive contests to provide user communities memorable experiences on Facebook and the iPhone. (E E and more).

France 163
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. We are transforming publishing for the 21st century. That’s massive. 9) Horrible Experience.

article thumbnail

6/16: What's Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption

David Teten

Our session looks at the rise of socially enabled platforms that blend commerce with community, where reputations trump credit ratings, and where hyper-distributed service businesses outgrow traditional monolithic suppliers. In 2004, Roo founded we:nited magazine – a youth politics magazine and website.

Darfur 122
article thumbnail

Why You Must Change Your Content Marketing Approach

Duct Tape Marketing

I produced my first eBook in 2004 or so and now feature ten, including some I’ve licensed from other writers. I see businesses being more strategic about the type of content they publish online, to build the communities they want. I tend to go to longer content in social media and shorter content in blogs and direct response.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

They write everything from assembly to jQuery, on PCs to mobile phones, doing hard core computer graphics to high level social networking. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. They’ve tried everything.

Java 107