Remove Africa Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Government
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.

Oakland 313
article thumbnail

Best Practices for Nonprofit Civic Engagement

Board Effect

Nonprofits enhance civic engagement by encouraging community involvement, maintaining a sense of democracy, filling the gaps in governments services, and giving the community a voice. Provide learning opportunities where groups and individuals can learn about community issues and organizations before, during, and after events.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Episode 5 on Sirius XM Channel 111: Pete Newell, John Kuhn, Matt Weingart, Takashi Tsutsmi and Masato Iino

Steve Blank

military and are now helping government agencies operate with the speed and urgency of Silicon Valley. During his military career he served in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, the Arabian peninsula, Egypt, and the Horn of Africa. He connects the Lab with the defense user community.

Channel 120
article thumbnail

Who Built That?

Growthink Blog

The entire fabric of the our "way of life" - from tax receipts to pay for government social programs, schools, and national defense - to the sense that the lives of our children will be better than ours is dependent on a society that creates LOTS of good jobs for those that want to work and are willing to work hard.

.Net 93
article thumbnail

10 Diversity & Inclusion Events You Won’t Want To Miss At SXSW

Austin Startup

We're excited to be working with @theohubs to forge the path towards true diversity, equity and inclusion this @sxsw. The BGV Pitch Competition flips the traditional pitch competition on its head: allowing the audience to donate, eliminate the panel of judges, and empower the community (audience) to ask questions and vote for the winner.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #18: Sal Khan on institution building, solving the digital divide, and education as the lever for all decisions

Startup Lessons Learned

And then you fast forward a couple of weeks, I live here in Santa Clara County in Silicon Valley, which actually I think had one of the first cases or one of the- Eric Ries : Of community spread, yeah. Sal Khan : first cases of community spread. We need to wait for the government to fix it." You’ve got to build equity value."

article thumbnail

Best Web Analytics 2.0 Tools: Quantitative, Qualitative, Life Saving!

Occam's Razor

I do not have financial or equity or any other stake in any company mentioned in this blog post (except Google). Most outcomes analysis you will do in identifying your macro and micro conversions (for profit or non profit sites, government or ecommerce) will happen inside other tools mentioned in this blog post.

Analytics 135