Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

Open Source Entrepreneurship

Steve Blank

One of the great things about being a retired entrepreneur is that I get to give back to the community that helped me. If you’re building a startup, the Startup Tools tab on the top of this page has curated links to hundreds of startup resources. agile engineering. Visitors Guide to Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. He’s spent the last four years in Silicon Valley out of uniform continuing that work.

Community 218
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Goes Lean

Steve Blank

A team from their Enterprise Innovation Office has joined us at NYU as observers at our 5-day Lean LaunchPad class, while another team is in Silicon Valley with the Hacking for Defense team learning how to turn their hard problems into partnerships with commercial companies that lead to deployed solutions. The Innovation Insurgency.

Lean 178
article thumbnail

The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Goes Lean

Steve Blank

A team from their Enterprise Innovation Office has joined us at NYU as observers at our 5-day Lean LaunchPad class, while another team is in Silicon Valley with the Hacking for Defense team learning how to turn their hard problems into partnerships with commercial companies that lead to deployed solutions. The Innovation Insurgency.

Lean 178
article thumbnail

Nine Webcasts to Learn From

Startup Lessons Learned

Kent, a veteran programmer, a founder of the Agile method and the creator of Extreme Programming, came armed with anecdotes and lessons from his own experience, as well as a few questions for Eric. And so I can see many more cycles through the loop of how software evolves, how innovation disperses in a community, and so on."

Lean 165
article thumbnail

a16z Podcast: Growth in Turbulent Times

Ben's Blog

Brian : I know it’s like an old Silicon Valley message, talk to your customers, but honestly this is one of those times where you need to be talking to at least a couple customers a couple times a day. Lauren : Yeah, it’s being able to lean into that agility—to shift strategies quickly and adapt. Andrew : Right.

Founder 36
article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy @ Stanford –What We Learned With the State Department

Steve Blank

“Being in Silicon Valley, a lot of my friends want to work for Google or Apple, but this class showed me that the problems in public service were even more challenging and rewarding. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the State Department, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies.