Remove Agile Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Lean
article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

The Rise of the Lean VC – Consumer Internet Gets Its Own Investors

Steve Blank

Consumer Internet investing seems to have split off from traditional Venture Capital, and is creating a new category of VC’s: Lean VC’s. I think you can blame Customer and Agile Development for a small part of it. The Rise of the “Lean VC’s” – Consumer Internet Gets Funded. Lean VC’s are Different.

Lean 262
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

One is explaining the world as it used to work: the importance of gatekeepers, the scarcity implied by limited distribution, and the resulting quality bar that the industry is so proud of. Mostly it is the time and expense required to create the means of distribution for that industry. It’s just taking some longer than others.

article thumbnail

Do lean startup principles have a place in the enterprise?

The Next Web

There is a lot of talk about the lean startup and whether it works or not. But the lean startup model, when you boil it down, simply says that when you launch any new business or product you do so based on validated learning, experimentation and frequent releases which allow you to measure and gain valuable customer feedback.

Lean 132
article thumbnail

Towards a new entrepreneurship

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Saturday, January 2, 2010 Towards a new entrepreneurship When I started writing about the lean startup , my aspiration was to do more than just share a handful of tips and tricks that work for consumer internet startups. This belief led me to the lean startup, and to an amazing 2009.

article thumbnail

Introducing New Lean Startup Practitioners

Startup Lessons Learned

Guest post by Lisa Regan, writer for The Lean Startup Conference. In building the program for this year’s Lean Startup Conference , we’ve tried to strike a balance. To give you a sense of these practitioners, we asked some our new speakers to talk about how they use Lean Startup methods. Below are three of their takes on MVPs.

Lean 162
article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

Lean LaunchPad class developed for Stanford. And the Lean LaunchPad class I developed at Stanford was the first such class. The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community. Worth a read. Teaching basic entrepreneurial appreciation.

Incubator 332