Remove Angel Investor Remove Community Remove Media Remove New York City
article thumbnail

Five common misconceptions about building a startup in New York City

This is going to be BIG.

It’s really difficult for me not to get into the thick of discussions about whether or not you can and/or should build a company in New York City. I grew up here, went to school here, and have worked hard over the last 5+ years to help build up the NYC innovation community. Do you have a Bose radio at home?

article thumbnail

10 College Business Incubators We’re Most Excited About

YoungUpstarts

To help foster this innovation, many colleges and universities have opened business incubators, helping students and others in their community to help make their innovative dreams a reality. Offering a “holistic entrepreneurship program,” this residential community has entrepreneurship at every step of the college experience.

Incubator 202
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Happenstance

The Startup Magazine

At this year’s FUND Conference in Chicago, Illinois, over 100 startups presented their early-stage companies in front of hundreds of investors and industry leaders. FUND is a national connector of entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, and industry experts with a focus on deal flow and making connections.

Chicago 148
article thumbnail

Avoiding the Common Pitfalls of Securing Capital: Innovative Financing Options for Today’s Startups

ReadWriteStart

Between peer-to-peer lending, crowdfunding, and even so-called “angel investors,” a hungry entrepreneur no longer needs to suffer at the hands of greedy, unscrupulous lenders to finally be able to get funding. Angel Investors. While banks are typically the go-to for many, they are no longer the only option available.

article thumbnail

Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder | Vinicius Vacanti

viniciusvacanti.com

In many ways, good technical co-founders and angel investors are looking for the same thing. You don’t know anyone, you don’t have experience, you don’t have traction and you don’t have investors. You have good community building skills and quickly become other people’s friends.

article thumbnail

4 Considerations for Expanding Your Startup to International Markets

mashable.com

If you’re working with an open source project, for example, it’s important that you have a definitive business model to drive revenue — though not at the cost of alienating your community of core contributors. They may also contribute code to the community that comprises the backbone of their technology. Jobs Welcome to Mashable!

France 77
article thumbnail

Women 2.0 » FounderDating: How I Found My Co-Founder

www.women2.org

A warm intro from a friend or participating in events and communities that specifically frame “finding a co-founder” (not just “startup happy hour”), you will — and I did — have better results. They are building more functionality into the site, a great community resource! Angel Investors.