Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Networking
article thumbnail

How Black People Leveraged Tech Bigotry to Boss the Blockchain Below the Radar

Austin Startup

The African-American community with a global movement known as the Afro-Tech quietly mastered blockchain/distributed ledger technology several years ago to benefit urban communities. You need a community and ecosystem that adopts and use your tech.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

O perations – We work closely with a pool of preferred service providers who address the operational challenges of early-stage companies: accounting, financial modeling, sales acceleration, legal and regulatory needs, insurance, real estate, engineering, and community building. This is roughly comparable to PRNewswire’s distribution service.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Best Free Email Marketing Tool for Startups and Small Businesses

Up and Running

A durable, trendsetting presence in the industry since 2001, the Atlanta-based firm sends over a billion emails per day and is the go-to choice for over 14 million organizations and individuals around the world. I use Mailchimp for the distribution of weekly newsletters, and for list growth via opt-ins for multiple types of campaigns.

Email 60
article thumbnail

Design Museum Boston

Up and Running

While I had just finished an approximately year long quest to see as many design museums as possible — in New York, Miami, Atlanta, London, and Essen, Germany — Derek had just visited New York City and experienced some pop-up retail stores. We now have an incredible network of spaces, partners, and supporters. Stay tuned!).

Boston 86
article thumbnail

Succeeding in Venture Capital as an Introvert

Hunter Walker

I would experience some social anxiety mixed with generally feeling overwhelmed by my own internal scorecarding and thoughts of, “Am I networking enough?” There’s just so much community and learning-by-osmosis (or serendipity) that comes from being together. In the past, these would always trip me up.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. In San Antonio we take great pride in our diverse, artistic, affordable and culturally rich community filled with a young and burgeoning creative class workforce.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Flashpoint NYC Demo Day 2016, May 3

David Teten

Community On Call. Community On Call provides peer networking solutions that enable health-related communities to quickly connect their members, such as people affected by chronic illnesses or disorders, with mentors and peer supporters. . ——————— Companies Presenting.

Georgia 60