Remove Atlanta Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Partner
article thumbnail

Disturbing

Austin Startup

I must take a moment to acknowledge the many kind greetings upon my return to Atlanta and the many well wishes as I departed Austin. Two of them made some major product directional changes based on the founder’s judgment and the feedback he was getting from partners and customers. But, credit is due to all these CEO’s for perseverance.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

We also have a better known brand than some of our early stage companies, so we can leverage that to help source talent. We think coaching is a key lever for doing this, with our own team or through outside partners. N etwork – We organize events regularly to build out our community. I’ve listed a few ideas below.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] We've been this blend of community and a technology platform and we'd often get bucketed very much into one or the other. We had some people that just bet on us early on. 13:37] How does Hello Alice make money if joining is free? [14:39]

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. VI: Revenue-based financing: The next step for private equity and early-stage investment. II: Who are the major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

These are all potential customers and strategic partners for startups. Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. More than 50 Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Texas and six of the Fortune 50.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

How To Find A Programmer To Build Your Startup Idea

socialmatchbox.com

If you post up an ad to an online job board asking for someone to join your very high risk early stage startup company the odds of getting someone who decent are slim to none. client / Washington, DC ($500 Referral Reward) Developer/Partner / Rocket Whale, Inc. These days sales, marketing and PR people seem to grow on trees.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #14: Robert Rhinehart on the Corona Initiative, accelerating basic research, and finding a cure faster

Startup Lessons Learned

Robert believes in "the powerful idea of self-reliance and this idea that you should know how to take care of yourself, and your family, and your community." I'm general partner at MarsBio VC and Director of The Corona Initiative. I've also been spending a lot of time on the phone with my family and my mom in Atlanta.