Remove Baltimore Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Startup
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- Express thoughtfulness and kindness. 3- I’ve always been an entrepreneur. For me, I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart. I decided to decline that job offer and start my new career as a real estate entrepreneur.

article thumbnail

GRP Announces $200 Million Fund. Rebrands as Upfront Ventures

Both Sides of the Table

Santa Monica is the place where the highest concentration of early-stage startups are created if you consider also the contiguous geography of Venice Beach. It is 12,000 sq ft of indoor /outdoor space and we’re building into a community work environment. Startup Advice' We chose a location that fit our style.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Best Cities In America For Startups

YoungUpstarts

While there are some cities in America which are well-known for startups, some of them won’t be the best for everyone. These cities (which will go unnamed here, but are in California and Texas) may be famous for startups, but they are highly competitive and increasingly saturated with businesses just like the ones you want to start.

America 100
article thumbnail

How Philadelphia is Winning a Startup Renaissance

The Startup Magazine

One thing this historic city doesn’t often get noticed for is its emerging Philadelphia startup scene. In the US, places like San Francisco, Austin, Seattle, and Washington, DC get the lion’s share of attention as startup sweet spots. Meanwhile, Philly quietly chugs away drawing entrepreneurs and venture capital (VC) dollars.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

Home Events Calendar Job Board Startup Resources Archives About Contact Interested in an Open-Data Contest in Baltimore? These entrepreneurs are looking for a technical cofounder and that person who will build a prototype from their idea in exchange for equity in the business. Start here. Start an event or project.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

Yarina spoke about the meaning of Sisu in Finnish, the importance of building community, and what she loves about being in Baltimore. Tell us your favorite thing about being based in Baltimore. We are proud to be a Baltimore-based company with global reach. of investment raised has come from the Baltimore/DC area.

article thumbnail

Lean startup tools for Rails apps

www.subelsky.com

Mike Subelskys Blog Wednesday, November 11, 2009 Lean startup tools for Rails apps A few months ago I was invited to dinner with the Geeks on a Plane crew when they stopped in Washington, and had the opportunity to meet one of my heroes, Eric Ries , author of the Startup Lessons Learned blog. Email This BlogThis!

Lean 41