Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

A horrifying accelerator story that you’ll need to read twice

David Cohen

However, I can tell you that I checked this person out and they are completely legitimate and have a strong reputation in their own community. It’s not our first rodeo, as we’d graduated from [name of an unrelated accelerator] but we wanted and needed some support around our vertical. a hint about which accelerator it was]).

Cofounder 134
article thumbnail

Generative AI: Opportunity or the end of media as we know it?

VC Cafe

But in the coming age of generative AI, endless synthetic content and misinformation – there might be an opportunity for traditional media companies to regain their reputation as a 4th branch within a democracy. This not only fosters community but also reinstates the media’s role as a public square for democracy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Many VCs focus on specific verticals, usually based on the sector in which a VC initially made her reputation. That said, one limitation in early-stage investing particularly is that 2022’s growth sectors probably don’t fit neatly into a vertical we can define today. – Reputation. This model certainly makes sense.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Many VCs focus on specific verticals, usually based on the sector in which a VC initially made her reputation. That said, one limitation in early-stage investing particularly is that 2022’s growth sectors probably don’t fit neatly into a vertical we can define today. – Reputation. This model certainly makes sense.

article thumbnail

Brand Marketing vs. Product Marketing: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Invest In?

ConversionXL

It partners with sales to close more revenue, informs product teams to deliver better products, and in some cases, co-owns demand generation activities with marketing teams. Founder Nathan Barry launched in 2013 to help creators sell their books and courses but failed to meet revenue goals and eventually stalled. Image source.

Marketing 110
article thumbnail

The Entrepreneur’s Essentials #14: Selling to the “Cool Kids”

Austin Startup

I discuss category creation with one of the co-authors of Play Bigger , Christopher Lochhead, in episode #232 of Legends and Losers if you would like to really delve into that (it is a very important topic). As the founder, that was more of my personality at that time, having grown up as a programmer. make that fourteen years now).

article thumbnail

Why VCs Explaining “It Was Only 4% Of Our Fund” Is Misleading Minimization When a High Flying Startup Implodes.

Hunter Walker

As cofounder of an early stage venture fund myself, I’m here to tell you that while these statements are accurate, they’re also misleading when trying to understand the broad impact these implosions may have upon a firm. Reputation Effect. Relationship Cost of SPVs/Direct Co-Investment and LP Credibility.