article thumbnail

The rise of the vertical reputation graph

Version One Ventures

In today’s reputation economy, we evaluate one another based on what people have done and how we’re connected. These vertically-focused platforms cater to the specific needs of their users, offering a close networking community around shared interests. When’s the last time you sent out or requested a CV?

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Many VCs focus on specific verticals, usually based on the sector in which a VC initially made her reputation. That said, one limitation in early-stage investing particularly is that 2022’s growth sectors probably don’t fit neatly into a vertical we can define today. – Reputation. This model certainly makes sense.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

Many VCs focus on specific verticals, usually based on the sector in which a VC initially made her reputation. That said, one limitation in early-stage investing particularly is that 2022’s growth sectors probably don’t fit neatly into a vertical we can define today. – Reputation. This model certainly makes sense.

article thumbnail

Brand Marketing vs. Product Marketing: What’s the Difference and Which Should You Invest In?

ConversionXL

This is particularly true for complex verticals such as B2B SaaS products, where product marketing’s ability to pinpoint users with the most need and educate them on product features and benefits proves useful. It defines what you want to communicate to your audience and in what form. Brand marketing: Create a community of raving fans.

Marketing 110
article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Share Their Business Goals for 2019

Hearpreneur

One major goal for 2019 is to continue to improve my company’s reputation. We have established that reputation through hard work, excellent results and transparency in how we work with our clients and our staff. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. #10- Improve the perception of my company as an authority.

article thumbnail

How to Craft a Digital Advertising Strategy that Combats Rising Costs and Captures New Customers

ConversionXL

It works by getting your site links featured on reputable publications or in influencer content that is typically hard to obtain. And those links can have a powerful impact on your industry reputation and web traffic. If you’re new to programmatic marketing, start by partnering with a reputable agency.

article thumbnail

A horrifying accelerator story that you’ll need to read twice

David Cohen

However, I can tell you that I checked this person out and they are completely legitimate and have a strong reputation in their own community. It’s not our first rodeo, as we’d graduated from [name of an unrelated accelerator] but we wanted and needed some support around our vertical. a hint about which accelerator it was]).

Cofounder 134