article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Entrepreneurs They Consider to be Successful

Hearpreneur

In our societies and business, there’re entrepreneurs who have demonstrated exceptional personalities and demeanor to pull it through business. Here are the entrepreneurs and business owners, other entrepreneurs considered to be successful. #1- Jessica Livingston is one of the most successful entrepreneurs on the planet.

article thumbnail

Sam Haskell Shares Tips on Becoming an Entrepreneur

The Startup Magazine

I grew up in the small town of Amory, Mississippi (population 6,871). I was a hustler or in today’s vocabulary, an entrepreneur. More importantly, I used that money to help my mother with our mortgage and put myself through college at the University of Mississippi. Taking The Big Leap. I’m building something for myself.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing our investment in SilviaTerra, a precision forestry startup

Version One Ventures

And most importantly for us as investors, SilviaTerra is founded by mission-driven entrepreneurs. He received forestry training at Mississippi State and a graduate degree at the Yale School of Forestry. In each place, Zack saw how communities depend on their local forests for critical resources (e.g.

Armenia 186
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. Failure often is harder on entrepreneurs who lose money that theyve borrowed on credit cards or from friends and relatives than it is on those who raised venture capital. Want to be an entrepreneur? Stock Quotes. Live Chat Recap.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2018 – wonder and awe

Steve Blank

Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. Next, we wanted the students to learn about the nation’s threats and security challenges while working with innovators inside the DoD and Intelligence Community. Origins of the class.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2017 – Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. This fall a series of new “Hacking for X…” classes will address these deserving communities. These include: Hacking for Impact (helping NGO’s and Nonprofits) at Berkeley.

article thumbnail

National Security Innovation just got a major boost in Washington

Steve Blank

Soldier, Scholar, Entrepreneur. Ironically, I was first introduced to Joe not at Stanford but through one of his other lives – that of an entrepreneur and businessman – at the company he founded, BMNT Partners. Joe Felter was just appointed Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for South and Southeast Asia.