article thumbnail

My New FiberHouse in Kansas City

Feld Thoughts

I bought a house in Kansas City on Monday. As part of helping create the Kansas City startup community. As part of helping create the Kansas City startup community. Buffer The post My New FiberHouse in Kansas City appeared first on Feld Thoughts. And to have some fun.

article thumbnail

Techstars in Kansas City

Feld Thoughts

Yesterday Techstars announced the launch of Techstars Kansas City. This is a city-based horizontal accelerator similar to the ones we have in Boulder, Boston, Seattle, Austin, New York City, London and Berlin. I have a long history with Kansas City.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Transcript of How to Build a Community Around Your Business written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. He is a community and collaboration strategy consultant, advisor and speaker. Back to Podcast. Transcript. This is John Jantsch.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. But what is it we actually DO on the Internet? What Does a City Need to Compete? Welcome to the future.

article thumbnail

The Feld Fiberhouse Is Now The Handprint House

Feld Thoughts

Google Fiber was installed last week so when they move in they’ll immediately have access to 1 gigibit Internet. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m doing this as an experiment around Startup Communities. Startup Communities fiberhood homes for hackers kansas city kc fiberhouse kc startup village'

article thumbnail

Weekend Reading on Startup Communities

Feld Thoughts

So this weekend was about startup communities with a bonus book on the startup visa tossed in for good measure. It also ends just as the rise of the Internet begins, so it’s the long arc of Silicon Valley is not overshadowed by the last twenty years. The first was The Making of Silicon Valley: A One Hundred Year Renaissance.

article thumbnail

The Last Week of the KC Fiber House Competition

Feld Thoughts

The chance to apply to win a slot to live in my Google Fiber enabled house in Kansas City are open for one more week – ending on March 25th at 17:00 CDT. I’m looking for entrepreneurs who are committed to living in Kansas City for a year who have a unique and novel approach to taking advantage of 1 gigibit Internet.