article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

A New Way to Teach Entrepreneurship – The Lean LaunchPad at Stanford: Class 1

Steve Blank

In January, we introduced a new graduate course at Stanford called the " target="_blank">Lean LaunchPad. The Lean LaunchPad class was scheduled to meet for three hours once a week. Start their blog/wiki/journal for the class. For the past three months, we’ve run an experiment in teaching entrepreneurship. The First Class.

Lean 298
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Lean hiring tips

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 19, 2009 Lean hiring tips In preparing for the strategy series panel this week, I have been doing some thinking about costs. Fundamentally, lean startups do more with less, because they systematically find and eliminate waste that slows down value creation. Another terrific post, Eric.

Lean 140
article thumbnail

Courting Content, Not Controversy

Startup Lessons Learned

This post co-written by Sarah Milstein and Eric Ries, co-hosts of The Lean Startup Conference. Our goal in hosting The Lean Startup Conference —which starts in just over two weeks—is to help entrepreneurs learn absolutely useful things from each other. This isn’t a new phenomenon. and err on the side of caution.

article thumbnail

The Lean Startup Workshop - now an O'Reilly Master Class

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Thursday, May 14, 2009 The Lean Startup Workshop - now an OReilly Master Class My rate of posting has been much lower lately, and this is mostly due to preparations for the upcoming Lean Startup Workshop on May 29. I have a lot of good news to report on this front. You can click here to learn more.

Lean 60
article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

And, as you can see in my previous post on “ The cardinal sin of community management &# the feedback could be all over the map. But we had some super-active customers who would act as editors, collecting feedback from all over the community and synthesizing it into a report of the top issues. It was absolutely worth it.