article thumbnail

Freelancing is the new normal: oDesk and the future of the workforce marketplace

The Next Web

Among other fastest-growing client countries one can also find Latvia, Pakistan, Romania, Lithuania, and Malaysia. Freelancer.com sent out this email to users in Russia: Freelancer is coming to Russia to hold a media event in the coming weeks and we want to hear your story!

Russia 151
article thumbnail

12 Top Picks: Austin Startup Week on Oct 12

Austin Startup

The ATX Startup Crawl is free and open to the entire Austin startup community. Bringing a Virtual Community Into the Physical 2:00 pm at the New Movement A discussion of the streaming community from Twitch. Why do these communities matter? Last year, more than 50 companies and 6,000+ registered crawlers participated.

Austin 77
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

9 B2B Instagram Marketing Strategies (w/ Examples)

ConversionXL

Some 73% of Millennial workers are involved in B2B purchase decisions, and 85% of that group uses social media to research products and services for their companies. Still, Facebook (91%), Linkedin (80%), and Twitter (67%) are the most popular social media platforms among B2B marketers. Tell your company story. Image source ).

B2B 113
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

India wanted to differentiate its currency from neighboring Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka – all of these countries used the abbreviation “Rs&#. The new symbol will be included in the “Unicode Standard&# to ensure that it’s easily displayed in electronic and print media (this process can take up to two years).

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing The Indian Rupee Symbol

crowdSPRING Blog

India wanted to differentiate its currency from neighboring Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka – all of these countries used the abbreviation “Rs&#. The new symbol will be included in the “Unicode Standard&# to ensure that it’s easily displayed in electronic and print media (this process can take up to two years).

article thumbnail

How Virtual Assistants Are Reshaping The Business Landscape

Duct Tape Marketing

No, I, you know, somebody actually kind of said that to me when I was speaking at an event and we were discussing social media and whether you have to be a personality in order to succeed Right. And so I got virtual assistance and I started out in India and then I was in Pakistan and in Sri Lanka and Vietnam and all over the place. (07:50):

article thumbnail

HOW TO: Sign Up Users Even Before You Launch Your Startup

mashable.com

In April, “stealth” social media startup Kohort announced its upcoming launch. After someone signs up for your site, you ask them to share it with their friends through various social media channels and/or email. ); //]]> Welcome to Mashable! Sign in with Facebook or Twitter to get started! Have an account?