article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

startupbaltimore.org

Finding a Technical Cofounder by Mike Subelsky on September 17, 2010 Advice View Comments Over the past 18 months I’ve had the same conversation with about ten entrepreneurs looking to start a software-based business. As Dave Troy put it, it all boils down to this: “In Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, Cofounders Find You!&#

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

skip to main | skip to sidebar SoCal CTO Tuesday, February 20, 2007 Innovation and Geography I ran across a post in Read/Write Web - Does Location Matter in Web Innovation? eHarmongy) as an acting CTO. My only other complaint is that right now its very hard to find good technical people at all levels.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

And we had these vans and mobile kegs in the back, and we would go to golf courses. It was all technical. She was paid much more than me and no matter how technical I was, they saw me as the business guy because I graduated with a degree in economics. Technical founder. And my specialty was computer networks.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Opportunity Hub Partners with Capital Factory To Bridge Opportunity Gap

Austin Startup

Pre-swag surf group photo of HBCU@SXSW students and Spike Lee at Capital One House Over the past several years, tech communities across the United States have attempted to make significant progress towards increasing diversity and inclusion in their industries. Placement is 90%!

Partner 55
article thumbnail

Announcing Multicoin Capital

Austin Startup

During that time, we watched the first wave of mobile apps take off — Foursquare, GroupOn, Instagram, Twitter, etc. But we got serious in early 2016 when we developed deep conviction around the immense technical vision of Ethereum. Although we were studying finance, we were always more interested in tech. We were infatuated with tech.

article thumbnail

Get Your Startup Into a Top Accelerator: 4 Insider Tips

ReadWriteStart

So, we arranged a meeting with Dave Bisceglia, cofounder and CEO at highly touted mobile gaming startup The Tap Lab , which went through TechStars Boston last year and was a finalist at MassChallenge , the world’s largest startup competition. Trouble is, those guys are busy trying to grow their companies.