article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs

crowdSPRING Blog

Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S.

article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in in the African communities around me? That’s when I began to think of New York. After confirming it in prayer, I was off to New York City.

article thumbnail

Your city doesn’t have a startup community? Start one!

The Next Web

You don’t have to be located in Silicon Valley to take part in a great startup community. If you’re motivated enough to start your own business and create something great from a simple idea, then you’re certainly motivated enough to jumpstart a local startup community. Why worry about a startup community?

Community 153
article thumbnail

[Interview] Felena Hanson, Owner of Hera Hub, Biggest Female Coworking Company

YoungUpstarts

Coworking spaces are popping up all over suburban cities like Los Angeles, New York and San Diego. I know that I am not the woman to lead those woman in New York, Dallas, or London. It’s a woman in that community that is the right person to lead and build a Hera Hub platform for female entrepreneurs in her city.

San Diego 203
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

Tyler Tringas, General Partner, observes, “Almost all of these new [RBI] forms of financing really only work for more mature companies (say $25-50k MRR and up) and there are still very few new options at the stage where we are investing.” Key elements: . “We

Revenue 60