article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. Silicon Valley has dominated the U.S.

article thumbnail

Why Gateway Accelerate Is A Great Choice For International Entrepreneurs

Feld Thoughts

Louis’s local economy and UMSL’s curricular and non-curricular offerings to its students by attracting talented entrepreneurs from around the world to relocate their business to St. New York has a similar program, so let’s count them as five, even though they aren’t formally part of the Global EIR coalition.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

have lived in Prince Edward Island, New York, St. Louis and now Texas. I also love that it’s a community, and how entrepreneurs help each other. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. I also love that I am constantly learning. Thanks to Dina Shoman, inherQuests ! Tell us in the comments below.

article thumbnail

From Haitian Roots to a Silicon Valley Address: How Bianca St.Louis Is Building Her Rep & a Career in Tech

Hunter Walker

I learn a lot from Bianca St. I’d be surprised at how much I’ve fostered relationships and community with folks I looked up to and would read about. Communities like #blacktwitter have provided laughs, digital grieving and general inspiration. We met via Twitter several years ago when she was studying at Howard University.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons Learned 2011 streaming live

Startup Lessons Learned

We struggle with this issue every year, because we strongly encourage everyone who can to participate with their local entrepreneurship community. Strengthening ties between entrepreneurs is one of our most important values. That said, there comes a point where that's not possible for everyone.

article thumbnail

Spolsky on Software on Both Sides of The Table

Both Sides of the Table

The software is not difficult to build and the hosting element has become a commodity; the hard part is building a community. Lesson: Joel had been building a community of readers since 2001. Jeff Atwood had a community of people built up from his blog. Building Communities. Distinct Communities.

article thumbnail

Why Hasn’t An Occupy White House Emerged?

Hunter Walker

New York City. But no number of elapsed years or distance can dull my strong attachment to New York City, my birth city. Important displays of anger and resistance in the face of police brutality (St Louis, Baltimore, others). Unfortunately there were some reports of harassment of women within the community.