article thumbnail

Battery gives back to Israeli entrepreneurial community with venture creation workshop

VC Cafe

The workshop participants, of which there were about 30, brought diverse experience and expertise to the table – from young entrepreneurs with just a few years of experience in the consumer web, to seasoned executives with decades of experience in semiconductors, telecommunications and enterprise software.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #107 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

crowdSPRING interview (our 1st with a couple) – 12 Questions: Meet Debs & Johnny (Portugal) – [link]. Legal Contracts for Software Developers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template tco use today) – [link]. The Do’s And Don’ts Of Infographic Design – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

Activities might include hardware or software development, mastering a 10,000 mile supply chain, low-cost manufacturing, or to provide services in a foreign country. I think my catalyst for taking the class was: How would some of these business ideas be useful to generate new ideas in the academic economics community?

article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

Activities might include hardware or software development, mastering a 10,000 mile supply chain, low-cost manufacturing, or to provide services in a foreign country. I think my catalyst for taking the class was: How would some of these business ideas be useful to generate new ideas in the academic economics community?

article thumbnail

[Event] Ukraine, Thailand And US Take Top Spots At Microsoft Imagine Cup 2012

YoungUpstarts

Taking top spot in the Software Design category is quadSquad from Ukraine, winning US$25,000 with its set of custom-designed sensory gloves and a smartphone application called ‘Enable Talk’ that allows the deaf to communicate verbally by translating sign languages into speech. . Software Design. Game Design.

Thailand 159
article thumbnail

Y Combinator's First Batch: Where Are They Now?

thenextweb.com

Aaron Swartz made it into the Summer Founders Program with his flexible blogging/wiki software Infogami, which he had already been working on for some time. The site is now the world’s largest live-streaming community, with a reported number of over 40 million registered users, and is still ran by original co-founder Shear.