Remove Africa Remove Community Remove Equity Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2020 Lesson Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.”. Team Protocol One – Ensuring JTAC to Pilot Communication. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. He runs H4X Labs.

Oakland 313
article thumbnail

Leading Business Transformation – Featured Founder Mitul Ruparelia

The Startup Magazine

With his passion for technology coupled with his desire to help others, Mitul graduated with a First Class in BSc in Computer Information Systems and embarked on his journey to help organisations better serve their customers. They provide a hands-on transformation and revenue growth partner for B2B technology companies.

Founder 132
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Grant and I were thinking of the name for our company, we knew we wanted to include the word “equity” because that’s what we’re working to achieve through our innovative use of Virtual Reality technology to combat implicit bias. As soon as the name Equity Commons came to us, we knew it was perfect. White, Equity Commons ! #4-

Naming 137
article thumbnail

Episode 5 on Sirius XM Channel 111: Pete Newell, John Kuhn, Matt Weingart, Takashi Tsutsmi and Masato Iino

Steve Blank

military can work together – for access to advanced technology and to learn how to move with agility, speed and urgency. During his military career he served in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq, the Arabian peninsula, Egypt, and the Horn of Africa. He connects the Lab with the defense user community.

Channel 120
article thumbnail

10 Diversity & Inclusion Events You Won’t Want To Miss At SXSW

Austin Startup

Additionally, students will participate in a technology and entrepreneurship ecosystem onboarding boot camp, panels on coding, entrepreneurship and STEAM at SXSW, and direct engagement with university recruiters throughout the entire weekend. We put them in a nifty list just for you.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs Are Everywhere Show No. 1: Richard Witten and Kathryn Minshew

Steve Blank

Richard discussed how New York City’s rejection of Columbia University in the competition to build a new technology campus was a real wake up call. She previously worked with the Clinton Health Initiative improving access to vaccines in Africa, and has been has been named to INC ’s 35 Under 35 and Forbe s’ 30 Under 30 lists.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years. We do home equity funds without interest or monthly payments in exchange for sharing in the future upside/downside of home values. Thanks to Ryan O’Connor, One Tribe Apparel ! #11