article thumbnail

IBM: Where Corporate Responsibility is Not a Trend, but a Lifestyle

Austin Startup

Thanks to a partnership with the United Way and IBM’s former Lenovo production department, Latinitas received its first laptop and was able to launch the first and only magazine made for and by young Latinas online and an accompanying media and tech education program in East Austin schools and community centers.

El Paso 59
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

In the time since our conversation, data and science have shown again and again that wearing masks is an incredibly effective, low-cost and simple way to prevent viral spread. You can listen to our conversation on Apple , Google, or wherever you like to download podcasts. Here's my conversation with Jeremy Howard.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards. Journal Community. California.

article thumbnail

Finding Your Fire And Igniting Change

Duct Tape Marketing

Challenges of scaling Jeff and Jay share conversations about growing and scaling subscription businesses with a customer first approach, check out all the episodes. No matter the juncture, no matter my role, I've always been a person that provided data to either a person or community so that they could create change.

article thumbnail

The Most Important Book I Read This Summer

Both Sides of the Table

She grew up poor in Louisiana and wanted to build a better life for her family so she studied hard her entire life and achieved much and her aim was for her son to go to Harvard or Yale or similar. A Howard colleague of his grows up with a mom who his chief radiologist of a prominent hospital. Read the responses to this story on Medium.

America 236
article thumbnail

My Personal Formula for Getting a Seat at the Table

Austin Startup

And a worksheet to help you start your own plan Terri Broussard Williams serving as a panelist during a political forum at Louisiana State University This was a week I’ll never forget, even though it was a whirlwind. They want the opportunity to lead their communities, sectors and quite frankly, the world. And why shouldn’t they?

article thumbnail

Harvey Aftermath: How Your Small Business Can Help

Austin Startup

You and your community can convene to support in whichever area works best. Organize community support through creative fundraisers. League City Family Dentistry partnered with The Crazy Cajun Cookers in Louisiana and cooked over 1,000 free lunches for community members in need, while also accepting donations.